Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Coming Soon!

What is coming to this blog? I am putting this together for a few reasons.

I have people telling me time and time again that their PC is running slow, they have pop up ads. They have this problem and that problem. I listen to computer shows on the radio, and call-in shows on TV, they all say the same thing. The answer to the questions 95% of the time is that your PC is infected with Spyware, Trojans, Viruses, and other Malware.

The answer is getting a firewall, getting antivirus software, getting antispyware software, getting a good pop up blocker, getting a custom hosts file.

When you ask the people asking these questions do you have ANY of these things, they say no, what is it?

I will point you to the places and direct you to what to get. I will tell you why you need it and what to do with it.

The thing that people need when answering these questions is a clearinghouse to direct people to, to get all the answers, and right now that is hard to find.

I plan to remedy that. I plan to build an accompanying website to define what all these things are, why you need them, and where to get them. I plan to make this simple to understand, easy to follow, and a step by step process.

If you follow my advice, 99% of your problems will go away, your computer will be yours again, and it will be safe to use again without somebody watching every step you take while online!